DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a remodel in my master bathroom and installed single lever faucets. Unfortunately I just discovered that there is not enough room to turn the level all the way to hot. Please tell me there is an easy solution to this! Thanks!

·
Doing it myself
3,838 Posts
Without seeing the issue and reasoning, it's kind of hard to make a recommendation. Can you post a picture and/or make a more in depth description of what is in the way?

·
Doing it myself
3,838 Posts
Is it installed on a drop in oval lavatory, an undermount (hole drilled in countertop) or a one piece cultured marble kind of deal?

Also : How much more clearance do you need for it to turn all the way on?

·
Doing it myself
3,838 Posts
40 degrees is kind of a lot....

What I would do :

Pull the faucet off the countertop

measure the base of the faucet (the part that covers the hole)

Measure the size of the hole and figure out how much fudge room you have.

Check the mounting hardware to determine whether enlarging the hole will screw up the way the faucet mounts to the countertop.

Check below the countertop to make sure you have clearance to move the hole closer to the lavatory.

Make sense? :jester:
In short its not going to be easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it does make sense. Unfortunately, there isn't much room to move the faucet forward regardless of the size of the hole.

Is there any way to adjust the lever so I bring the whole thing forward? Meaning I have another 50 degrees on the front side so if I can get the position of the levers moved forward, then I can have access to the full range of temperature.

Does that make sense?

·
Doing it myself
3,838 Posts
Yes, it does make sense. Unfortunately, there isn't much room to move the faucet forward regardless of the size of the hole.

Is there any way to adjust the lever so I bring the whole thing forward? Meaning I have another 50 degrees on the front side so if I can get the position of the levers moved forward, then I can have access to the full range of temperature.

Does that make sense?
You could try it... unfortunately that looks like some kind of exotic specialty faucet and I have no experience with it.

What I do know is that if you rotate the handle, it's going to look a bit funny when it's off....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.