DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing weatherstripping on all aluminum windows and sliding doors (1977) and this requires door and sash removal. I have a single hung sash that I cannot get out. There appears to be two plastic flanges attached to the bottom of the sash on both sides that won't let the sash come out. I believe these were the brackets to hold the T spiral balances and are now jammed behind the sash sides at the bottom. Similar windows do not have these brackets, though are equally strange. What should I do? :vs_OMG:

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Detail photos may help the people here to brain storm. There were many kinds of windows. Some of them, according to opinions, were not made for removing. That is, they could be assembled at the factory but not for replacement later once installed. Nothing is better than on-site eye inspection and you may have to call someone who either has experience or a store that sells windows. Make sure the inspection is free or low cost. Do not sign anything for replacement. Come back to confirm. Could teach us something too.:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts