DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

2010 Builder and Remodeler Residential Window and Patio Door Satisfaction Study conducted by J.D. Power show Simonton rate among the best.

·
Registered
938 Posts
We sell their windows with very good luck. I even put them in my own home when I remodeled. We only use their new construction windows. They have a full nailing fin which creates a water tight seal with the vycor tape, and their double hungs can come with integrated J channel around them. Quick install, water tight, decent window for replacements, a good warranty, and they look very nice. The vinyl welds on the miters are a little rough on some, but still a really good window for the price range.

·
I can tie my own shoes
111 Posts
I bought all new simonton windows (vinyl replacements) for my house when I moved in a couple years ago. I think it was the prism line. At the time, it was supposed to be their best for residential. I had three estimates for windows and simonton were the cheapest. The other two companies were local dealers that advertise a lot on local radio. I know where some of their cost was going. One of the dealers was 2x simonton, and the other was about 1.5x more. Anywho, the windows are decent enough. I don't really have any complaints. The guy who installed them was pretty good and I think that matters a lot. Trying to do comparisons between windows is a pain (pun sort of intended). I went and looked at the windows and they seemed well made. I look at this issue as what will do the job w/o costing me was too much. And honestly, these days, you cannot count on new windows in a home to get you more money if you sell your house.

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts

2010 Builder and Remodeler Residential Window and Patio Door Satisfaction Study conducted by J.D. Power show Simonton rate among the best.
Your posts here might have a bit more credibility if you replied to problems our members have with products you do not sell at HD, and do not add links to. ***your links were removed*** Otherwise, you come off as spammers and get reported.

DM

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use Simonton windows in my rehabs. My experience with them is similar to MJW. I buy them from a local distributor, not a DIY store and save a few $$. When I researched windows 2 years ago, I found very little difference in vinyl windows. Simonton offered the best value for the money IMHO.

·
Registered
545 Posts
how do they compare with other replacement windows
Dredging up an older thread, but I know appreciate reading people's thoughts on stuff like this...

I had Simonton 6500 double hung replacement windows installed last November, so far I'm satisfied with them--they operate nicely, they block sound reasonably enough and they are certainly air and thermal tight (you can hold your hand next to it in the winter/summer and not feel cold/hot). I got the half-size screens which in hind sight I wish were full height in all but a couple of the windows.

This past spring I had four other odd windows done with Simonton as well... 2 awning windows around my fireplace (crank out windows) which were also "6500 series", and and two "hopper" windows in my basement (very large, 34"Wx28"H I believe) those were "6000 series"... very satisfied with both as well.

I def. give them a thumbs up, and they feel way better then the bottom of the barrel American Craftsman or the value line Harvey windows that I was also considering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts