DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So, been talking to the boss about what she wants in the shower... Shower over tub and She would like to add a hand spray. I have been researching the valves, but I dont think I know the jargon enough to search for what I want.

I would like a valve that lets me select tub, shower head, or hand spray ON the valve instead of pulling up that janky knob on the tub spout. I think that makes it a 3 way with diverter... but I am striking out. I would like to use pex too, so pex friendly or already pex nipples would be great... Any ideas?

·
Naildriver
17,025 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking at the grohe stuff. But its like drinking from a firehose... 34 different options. I want to have a shower head arm, and then mount a drop for the hand spray. and have it all controlled by the valve.

·
Registered
740 Posts
There are "shower kits" that include everything but the valve. For the valve I highly recommend the Grohe pressure balance one. It uses a ceramic cartridge so future repairs are simplified. With the pressure balance if someone is taking a shower and someone else flushes the toilet the person in the shower will experience no change in water temperature.

I used Delta parts (Delta DSS-Vero 17T03) for my shower but I replaced the Delta shower head with one from Grohe to get the flow rate and control of the spray that I wanted.

If you include bodysprays then it is important to also put in a pressure-balancing loop so that each spray has the same amount of pressure. Do not expect the average plumber to know this.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Download the installation PDF from the web page and check it all out before making the purchase. The Moen is designed for a shower/bath setup and so a little different from my shower only setup. Notice that it states that the rough-in valve and diverter are not included. Some kits include the diverter. The overflow assembly for a bathtub is also not included and may be needed for your tub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.