DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a NYC co-op with a tenant above me, if it makes a difference. It's a single handle faucet, with shower head. After use, water shuts off normally, but the faucet has a very very slow drip that doesn't completely stop until about 12 hours later.

My super tells me it's the lines taking forever to dry out, and nothing can be done. My friend tells me I need a new shower body. I'm not sure what to do. I'm in a hurry to decide because of work being done in our bathroom.

Suggestions?

It's a symmons faucet btw.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the cartridge, but the water must be shut off.

Line of BS about the lines drying out....

His lazy azz don;t want to deal with it....
If cartridge was bad, why would it dry EVENTUALLY? Wouldn't it never stop dripping if that was the case?

Also, if I don't run the showerhead, and only the spout, it takes much shorter time to stop dripping. Super says it's the showerhead lines that take along time to dry.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Symmons have rubber washers on the valve to stop the water flow. They can be replaced for much less $$ than the entire spindle. Some of the valves come with stops so you don't have to shut off the water at the main.

Some photos would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.