DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did. I interpret that as two different solutions, you intended it to be one solution. The HO would need to reroute the drain line, and the properly sister the damaged joists. Proper being the key word.
Just patch it with some steel strapping and throw some posts under it right eddy

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
Your vertical shower vent is on the wrong side of the other 2" line. That is prolly why they offset the drain the way they did.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did. I interpret that as two different solutions, you intended it to be one solution. The HO would need to reroute the drain line, and the properly sister the damaged joists. Proper being the key word.
Ok. I see now that it might not have been clear, but since there are two separate issues that must be resolved I figured I was offering a solution that would take care of both.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
I can't help you. Your state has its own plumbing and does not follow the IPC or the UPC the rest of the country follows. Hopefully a plumber from Illinois will take this mess on. It is a bigger mess then you think. Good luck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts