DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am repainting some of my house. The stucco color is Taupe Sand. It is a flat color. About 15% of my house is wood and the last time I just painted the wood with the flat color. Does it matter or should I use a semi gloss the same color as stucco color on the wood?

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
I would tend to say the stucco (flat) and wood trim (semi) should be a different color and sheen but before carving that in stone could you post pictures of the house?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 2nd story I have a hip roof. The exterior of the front side (longer side of hip roof) is covered with wood slats/planks maybe 12" wide by 1" thick. I don't know exactly how to describe in construction terms how much of the front side is exposed from top to bottom but it is about 20% compared to the backside which is all stucco. Meaning the front side is built into the first story with the first story roof hiding most of the front. Anyway,the 1st time I painted the house I just used the flat color for all the stucco and the wood on the hip roof.The facia,eaves and gutters are semi gloss shell white. The color is not the problem. I was thinking maybe this time around I should mix up some semi gloss the same color as the color of the flat thats on the stucco. The wood part of the 2nd story faces the west and doesn't get sun until about 1pm until sunset. My thinking is painting it flat from the start gives the wood a chalky looking finish right from the start. Maybe some semi gloss might help. I can also put a picture of my home on here as soon as I figure out how. Once again color is not the problem. I followed the color balance of the home by the previous paint color that was on here before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts