DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My home was built in 99 in Texas. I was redoing some electrical, and the panel wasn't very clearly labeled. I just went through and mapped out every switch and outlet in the house to the correct breaker.

I have dedicated circuits and breakers for the fridge, dishwasher, disposal, and the clothes washer. I realized I don't have any breakers for the clothes dryer, water heater or furnace. The water heater is plugged into an externally mounted with no visible wiring. The furnace wiring goes to a metal box about 3" x 4" x 6" that is mounted in a difficult place to reach. I think its just where the connections are made. I don't want to start touching that without knowing its off.

The main panel is in the garage and has 8 single pole tandem circuit breakers. One of them is labeled as 'spare', and I believe it is. I have double checked, and I don't see any other panels anywhere. I have checked that none of the breakers in the panel shut off the dryer. There are no problems right now, I was just trying to learn. There has to be another panel or something right? What do I do from here?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm a fool. I found it outside. Thanks.
You're not a fool. You are learning. The thing you learned is not to assume anything and investigate further before you proceed with a project and not just jump in head first into a shallow pool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts