DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A house that I bought has some nice tile layed down in the kitchen along with the baseboard installed. It looks nice but the floor is uneven and now it creates a nice little gap half way down the wall between the baseboard and the floor. Putting quarter round shoe molding has been suggested in an earlier thread but I am curious if it is going to work if the floor is uneven? Any suggestions or ideas would be great. I dont want to go buy the quarter round and then it not work when I try to install it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quarter round and base shoe have minor differences , Base shoe is kind of egg shaped , Qround is just 1/4 of a round dowel , Iether will flex , But since we can't see it , Buy 1 piece , Try to flex it , If it doesn't mae the gaps better then take it back , Q round or Base shoe is the usual fixh for un even floors

tacomahardwoodfloors.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are awesome! Thank you so much! I know when I was looking last time they had some that was just basic wood or they had some that had a smoother finish and said it was composite. Does it matter which type I use for this particular project?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gun

While we are on the subject does anyone have a recommendation for what type of nail gun to use for things like this and baseboards? There are a few rooms I will be doing baseboards as well as some door and window casing but I do know exactly what type of gun I should get in order to do this.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You could go as big as 16 gauge , Then the nailer could be used for harder woods then base , 1/2 inch sheet rock 9/16 trim 5/8 q round so With the counter sink depth you could angle down and hit the framing plate . or use a stud finder and hit , But hitting a stud would be doubtfull that low to the floor , Your going to aim for the framinfg plate , Which lays on the floor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.