DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
jschaben
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a bunch of SW fans in here that have been plugging the SW products so I finally succumed.:whistling2: Overview is I'm making new kitchen drawers, doors and face frames for a kitchen facelift. I'm at the painting stage and the doors are panelled with different colors for the panels and the frames.
Question is: how much cure time should I allow before I can mask the first color and apply the second?
All the can tells me is 1 hour dry to touch and 4 hours to recoat.
I have the ProCoat in gloss sheen.

·
NACE Coating Inspector
524 Posts
four hours recoat is the minimum time to recoat. normally this time is at 77 degrees, 50% relative humdity. i would wait at least 24 hour before trying mask this. this will also depend on the adhesion strength of the tape that you are using.i would use blue painters tape with a low to medium bond.

·
jschaben
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
four hours recoat is the minimum time to recoat. normally this time is at 77 degrees, 50% relative humdity. i would wait at least 24 hour before trying mask this. this will also depend on the adhesion strength of the tape that you are using.i would use blue painters tape with a low to medium bond.

Hi Mike - thanks for the response. 24 hrs it is. I have both the green Frog tape and the blue Duck painters tape. Neither are a high bond strength.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts