DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Design basics and Color Accents....obviously at the lower end of the cost spectrum... i get a slight discount on super paint with my company but cant get into the numbers these products are starting at...i have a customer pinching all of my pennies so i am trying to work with them and reaching out of my comfort zone..

I have never used DB or CA.. i have used CHB thou:laughing:

anyone use them? any thoughts besides..go to BM?:wink:

·
Premium Member
7,909 Posts
Well, I don't think you're gonna get any type of break money-wise at Benny Moore. SuperPaint is my absolute favorite paint. Yeah, it's getting pricey but it's a dream to work with, covers well, & gets the job done without a lot of hassle. If your customer is really squeezing you about the price of materials, go to Lowe's and get some Valspar mid-grade paint at about $30 per gallon. It's not the best, it's not the worst, and maybe it will keep your customer off your back.

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
I tend to prefer Benjamin Moore over Sherwin Williams my a brownie point or two having to do with the staff at the store I shopped most. I would use either in a heartbeat. I suspect pricing is going to be similar unless you can offer some annualized quantity purchase incentives.

I would use ProMar the contractor grade of SW or Super Spec at Benjamin Moore before going to Valspar. Both paints have more vinyls and less acrylic in the film left behind but go on nicely and cover well. Price point will be about the same as box store brands. As I remember, Dutch Boy is SW box store brand and the company was bought for the sole purpose of competing in that market without damaging the SW branding.

·
Registered
565 Posts
just go super paint that's the work horse :yes: forget about benny more if your worried a bout cost .:no: color accents would only apply to deep colors . if their beating you down:mad: get some 25 dollar box store paint, if your a painter you can make it work.:yes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks gang.. i got the beat down.. gonna go with a box...its gonna be un-behr-able.. but ill make it work to keep em happy!

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks gang.. i got the beat down.. gonna go with a box...its gonna be un-behr-able.. but ill make it work to keep em happy!
You know, as a paint store manager, and a good one at it, if you CAME TO ME, and told me your prediciment, that you were gonna go to the box store, I will give you a better price, or a bigger discount. It's like i tell my customers, COMMUNICATION is important. Talk to me, I will make it work!

·
NACE Coating Inspector
524 Posts
Design basics and Color Accents....obviously at the lower end of the cost spectrum... i get a slight discount on super paint with my company but cant get into the numbers these products are starting at...i have a customer pinching all of my pennies so i am trying to work with them and reaching out of my comfort zone..

I have never used DB or CA.. i have used CHB thou:laughing:

anyone use them? any thoughts besides..go to BM?:wink:
how many gallons are we talking about here, 1gal or 100. i know times are tight and everyone is trying to stretch a buck but if its only a few gallons, i would stick with the products that you know and trust. why save the customer $50 on paint if it may possibly cost you more time and effort to apply an unknown product. if it is 100 gallons, im sure that your paint rep would be willing to work with you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what Hammer I might actually try that.. i would rather use entry level paint store material then the box stuff any day.. thanks for the tip..

mustang its about 20 gallons but 10 of them are all seperate colors so i cant buy them in fives to save a little more

1 - 9 of 9 Posts