DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time user on this site. Hope I am posting this in the correct area.

My plan is to build a shed in my backyard... I have been trying to find plans online but everything says free plans until you select the one you want and they want $$$.

Last year I poured a 10x10 concrete pad, So the plan is to make it a 10x10 shed. I have never done this before so looking for help. I have actually done a lot of home improvements, I believe I can do this. looking for a step by step guide just to read over before starting. never done any framing with wood before.

Not sure what else to say.

Thanks in advance

·
Not so new
968 Posts
Lots of threads on the subject if you do a search. Or...the box stores have DIY books on the subject.

I'd read first then come back with specific questions.

Also, contact your building dept and find out if permits are required. We like permits here.:)

And welcome.

·
Experienced
2,970 Posts
The cost of the plans would be well worth the agrivation they will save, I would go ahead and buy the plans, this should give you a material list that make things much easier to get right materails with minimal waste.

Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I purchased a book from the local book store on sheds. But did not have plans and step by step. I will do some more research and then come back with my question, I thought this might be to general.

Thanks

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
Before I built my first shed, I walked into the garage and studied how it was made.
Pretty much the same thing. Your local library has books you can borrow to study too.
Thank You Mr. Franklin!

DM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts