DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fixer-'til-broker
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bee hive and had to cut the OSB floor. The shed is built on dirt that sees a good amount of moisture in a hot climate. I was thinking about removing some of the dirt to give more airflow and possibly install some hidden storage space. The shed is built of 2x4's with T-111, about 9'x15', with a 10' slanted roof.

What should I replace the OSB with and any other suggestions? I was thinking about putting vinyl tile down in the past, but figured it could be a waste of time.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
How about pressure treated plywood. And yes, if you can get the dirt away it would be a good thing I would think.

·
Fixer-'til-broker
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

PT plywood (not sure of the rate code), CDX, and the like are too expensive and most of the floor is still good. So I think treated OSB wins this time.

Maybe I'll pour a concrete box between the skids and put some drainage pipes or something underneath. I don't want termites! Gotta keep a squirrel out of there now that the bees are gone - the beekeeper and I agreed that the squirrel burrow is what brought the bees. I haven't seen the bugger in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts