DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small shed(8' x 10') I am nearly done building. I am looking at flooring options. Was going to try some 'water proof' click lock(i see some for $2.50 a square foot at the home centers) but started thinking maybe sheet vinyl. Looked at some of that at the home centers and it is kinda thin.

Not a big space so cost is not too much of a consideration. Gonna put yard tools in there mostly.

Another question- I have some 1/4 AC plywood to use as underlayment (sub floor is 3/4 advantech). I do not think I can hand staple the 1/4" ply. So is it OK to use stainless roofing nails? I am afraid those might show through vinyl. I f I go with a click lock product I guess that wouldn't matter.

Opinions and comments are appreciated!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Storage shed. A couple of coats of oil based porch paint would be my choice.

You can staple the 1/4" if you take the time to get the air pressure / depth gauge set correctly.

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
A hand stapler will not work, but a pneumatic narrow crown stapler will work great.
If you hand nailer (far harder, slower, and will leave low spots that will need to be filled in, you'll need real underlayment nails.
There ring shanked, small headed nails.
With the staples it will be 100 times faster and no filling needed.
It needs to be nailed every 4" on the edges and from 6 to 8" in the field.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
A hand stapler will not work, but a pneumatic narrow crown stapler will work great.

Nice catch on the hand staple part of the post.

OP, you may also also be able to rent an electric narrow crown stapler to do the job. It all depends on how dense the advantech flooring is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts