DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

So it was working fine but I decided to try to install a GE Wifi Dimmer switch but couldn’t get it to work. Now I didn’t take a picture of the original wiring.

Here is what I know:

Has 2 switches = powers 3 items , 1 for powering ceiling fan, the other for the ceiling light behind wall and an Outlet.

I have identified the line and load and neutral that brings 120 in via multimeter

Now I recall a black and red was intertwined somehow and connected to a switch.

There was also 2 extra little pieces of wire. A black from the switch which received the power to the next switch, and the intertwined red/black had a little red extra wire spliced to the second switch.

I just need to know how to put it back or if I can install the WiFi dimmer AND power the same items.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
What I can see:

On the right side, there's a Red and a Black.

On the left side, there's a Red and (POSSIBLY) a Black (I can't see behind that Orange wire nut)

So, put the red and black on the right side on the switches, one wire to each terminal. Tell us if the switch works.

Put the red, and black (if there is one) on the left side on the other switch. Tell us if that switch works.

EDITED for TYPO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.