I'm going to spray the entire interior of a house. The walls will all be one color. I haven't decided on whether to paint the trim the same as the wall. I'm going with an off white. I'm also going to paint the ceiling. What is the best way to do this?
Should I paint the ceiling first then the walls? How do I keep overspray from hitting the ceiling when I'm doing the walls? Should I just spray a foot below the ceiling line and then roll/brush the rest?
First time spraying an occupied interior? What type of sprayer are you using, or considering? Here are the steps I'd recommend...
(1) obviously remove all furniture - then all switch & outlet covers....
(2) tape everything, then
(3) drop everything (including windows, open doorways, pets and slow moving children, then
(4) buy yourself a really good brush, and a really good roller set-up (maybe with a 14" frame & bucket), then
(5) brush & roll your walls and ceiling, 2 coats each with a high quality interior paint, then
(6) brush your trim with a fine oil or acrylic enamel, and using a professional quality 2.5" angled sash brush, then
(7) sit back and enjoy an entire hockey season with all the time you've saved by not spraying. (some here may not agree with me completely regarding the sequence of these steps...) then
(8) thank me profusely for talking you out of spraying an occupied interior.