DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ISO, I found four feet of septic water in my basement which obviously i don't go down there much. Dug the top off the septic and found the entire electric fixture floating down there in septic water. The receptacle was below water, MELTED, piggyback switch plug and the pump plug in it. I ran an extension cord and the pump comes on. I haven't checked the float (piggy back) or receptacle yet. Because the box was floating underwater, I'm assuming it is bad. Where the receptacle box used to be, the wires were there but it was a rusted mess and appears to have some voltage but not enough. A master electrician cut the wire which comes through the basement wall and installed a new GFCI plug and left. When I returned I told him I plugged in my cellphone and the plug does not work. I'm vexed because I feel the wires inside the house may have been connected to a jump box which connected to a plug that must have been still wet from being under water. The result was the electrician got a bad reading. Or it could be the fuse itself which are no longer sold since my house was built in 1976.

My problem: How do I get around digging four feet into the ground and installing another electric receptacle?

I've drained the septic shower, toilet, and dishwater from my basement but Service Master won't clean until I repair my plumbing problem. My plumber wants $6,000, which I do not have.

There is a round thing which cost about $20, which can lift the top of the septic from the ground that appears plastic, and has a top. Can I drill through that and run the plug from the pump and if so, what do it seal the wire and hole with to waterproof it?

·
Naildriver
17,083 Posts
To clarify before we comment further. You have FOUR FEET of sewer back up in your basement? Are you on municipal sewer or a septic tank? 4' is a lot of water. Do you have any pictures of this?

Reactions: Mike Milam
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.