DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to add a circuit for my home recording studio because it seems like all my electronics are drawing to much power from the existing outlets what would i need to do this? or how?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basically i want to add maybe 3 outlets that can handle the load of all the amplifiers mixing board pa system effect pedals and such.

·
Licensed electrician
13,404 Posts
The short answer is to run a new cable back to the panel. Too many variables would enter the picture as to how to do that.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
How much power do you need ?
The power amps will probably be the biggest drawer,
How many amps ?
How much power do the amps put out ?

You will have to run a new circuit back to your panel,
one or two depends on your loads.

As for exacilty how ?
We would need more details on your building layout.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
The amps would be his biggest draw dmx. The board or desk would be the next. Really need list of equipment and power ratings off of the plates, along with amp of the circuits that they have all of this plugged into.

With today's computers, you do not even need amps for recording, since everything would mix through the computer. Even then, you would only need a max of 2 20 amp circuits for everything.

·
liscenced electrician
1,013 Posts
Way too vague of a question but to be overkill I'd run a 12/3 back to your panel and run a multiwire branch circuit. I'm guessing you'd have all the power you need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts