DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Senco AIrless 25 Brad Nailer not firing

My cordless brad nailer - Senco 25 - does not shoot. It just dings, then clicks. The batteries are charged (or at least the green light on the charger says it is). I'm using 18 ga brads, and don't see any jam. Anyone ever have this problem?

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
My cordless brad nailer - Senco 25 - does not shoot. It just dings, then clicks. The batteries are charged (or at least the green light on the charger says it is). I'm using 18 ga brads, and don't see any jam. Anyone ever have this problem?
These tools are a pain in the ass. I've had 2 of these and the same thing happened to both. One was a 12volt and the other was the 14 volt. The first one broke after 6 months and was repaired under warranty. It died again 9 months later. The 14 volt model lasted a little more then a year and broke the same way.
I put them on a shelf and bought a 18 volt Dewalt cordless. So far it's worked fine for 20 months. It's heavier then the Senco and there is no, "no nail" stoppage when the gun is empty, but it's working.
If yours is not under warranty, it will cost about $125-150 to fix.
Ron

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Thanks Ron... was it the battery charger or something else?
It was in the gun itself. Since it happened in both guns I decided it was a design flaw and moved on. I bought the second, the 14 volt unit, expecting the flaw was fixed that the 12 volt model had. It was not. I didn't even bring the second one in to fix. It was an historical waste of both time and money.
I bought the Dewalt at 20% off $279. and never looked back.
Ron

Reactions: flrmdn
1 - 5 of 5 Posts