DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase a toilet seat that stays up until it is pushed down. We want to install these in our men's restrooms at work. We have a lot of truck drivers use our restrooms. They urinate on the seat, and when you're in a hurry to "go" this can be very upsetting. Besides it's just plain filthy. Thanks!

·
Tool Geek
2,590 Posts
Does anyone know where I can purchase a toilet seat that stays up until it is pushed down......
I don't understand, I thought all toilet seats work that way.

The only way I know to keep the seat from being pushed down is to remove it.

If the problem is just poor shooters, maybe a urinal would help with the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just googled "self lifting toilet seats" and got several good web sites to check out. I'd have a real problem with one of those as my wife after 40 years has finally got me trained to put ours down!!!! Maybe a sign behind the stool saying the seat is electrified when in the down position:thumbup:.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also tried a Google search. Unfortunately it seems impossible to actually buy one. I do not want one you use your foot to lift. Please let me know if you find one with an option to buy. Thanks!

·
2 fingered typer
32 Posts
A rope and pulley

Just locate a small pulley on the wall above and tie a line to the side of the seat and run it up through the pulley with a 2 lb weight on the other end. Stays up until 2 lbs pushes it down. Sort of like self closing gates on the farm. Might want to use "waterproof" vinyl coated line...:whistling2::laughing: bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Tool Geek
2,590 Posts
Thanks for the education.
I learned something today, i.e. self raising seat

ps I suggest using a nut driver to fasten the mounting nuts securely and then checking their tightness periodically.
With all the up/down stress they may loosen over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts