DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We just had our roof replaced and have found our gutters have been scratched in the process. Along most of the roof line on the top of the gutter they are scratched from the old shingles sliding off the roof. In a couple of areas they are scratched on the front (and maybe a little dented in). I'm trying to attach a picture of one of those areas, but am having problems, & sorry, it's not the best pic. My husband and I are wondering if it is reasonable to expect them to be replaced or if we should have a reduction in price or what should be done, i.e. - painting the scratches. There was also fascia scratched and they tried to paint over that which looks horrible. Any advice would be appreciated as we've never been through this before. Thank you!

Kristen

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
we always made a stop before the roof edge to prevent gutter damage....call the roofer back question his work and see if he wants to improve his image as a contractor.....these things do happen a good contractor will be responsable for his work or damage from his work....BE NICE..BEN

·
Registered
37,461 Posts
Installed stop, tarps, removed the gutters, used ladder standoffs so the lader never hit the gutters, any thing to prevent a call back or added expense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.