DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I scraped the side of my Honda Accord, and it damaged the paint of the rear door pretty badly, as well as the quarter panel. There do not appear to be dents or anything on the door, however the edge of the quarter panel has a pretty severe bend in it as well as the paint damage. Many videos I see show how to fix dents and stuff, but I haven't seen too much about a folded over edge like this. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can fix that bend in the quarter panel, as well as fix the paint job?

Edit: I decided I will get a quote at an autobody repair shop

Car Vehicle Blue Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi,

I scraped the side of my Honda Accord, and it damaged the paint of the rear door pretty badly, as well as the quarter panel. There do not appear to be dents or anything on the door, however the edge of the quarter panel has a pretty severe bend in it as well as the paint damage. Many videos I see show how to fix dents and stuff, but I haven't seen too much about a folded over edge like this. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can fix that bend in the quarter panel, as well as fix the paint job?

View attachment 712845 View attachment 712846 View attachment 712847
That will be tough for a DIY person. You might be able to rub out some of the streaks but your missing paint in other areas.

Because your crease is near a door you can't Bondo it. It will have to be filled with lead.

·
Naildriver
19,965 Posts
I agree. With the location of the damage, it would be very difficult to DIY. I've had instances where the body shop did a pristine repair, matching color, etc. Of course, on the way home from the body shop, I slowed down for a group of deer to cross in front. Well, one wasn't with the group and his antler hit just below the mirror causing a dent and giving him a headache. I wasn't about to take it back to the shop to be fixed. Just a conversation piece, now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi,

View attachment 712845 View attachment 712846 View attachment 712847

that will be a very difficult DIY if you want it to look perfect

probably $1000 or more at a body shop

if you cant afford to get it fixed, i would just spray paint it for now, so it doesn't look so bad/obvious

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not a DYI unless your brother in law is a body tech. Way more that 1k to fix . and for those of you in the slow lane, nobody uses lead anymore for decades unless you're restoring a 1925 Packard or something similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts