DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an older condor scissor lift with a older lesterelectrical battery charger for the two 12 V batteries that power it. When the batteries are charged it works great. Problem is, it doesn't charge very well. (batteries are new). When I plug in the lift, it shows that it is charging strong, then it slowly, within 10 minutes drops the amps? going in. Batteries never fully charge. Should I try to troubleshoot the old original battery charger or should I just replace it with a $100 boat battery charger that will charge two batteries at once? Any safety concerns here?

Thanks!

·
Master General ReEngineer
10,024 Posts
Hi all,

I have an older condor scissor lift with a older lesterelectrical battery charger for the two 12 V batteries that power it. When the batteries are charged it works great. Problem is, it doesn't charge very well. (batteries are new). When I plug in the lift, it shows that it is charging strong, then it slowly, within 10 minutes drops the amps? going in. Batteries never fully charge. Should I try to troubleshoot the old original battery charger or should I just replace it with a $100 boat battery charger that will charge two batteries at once? Any safety concerns here?

Thanks!
Ayuh,...... Is the lift a 12v system, or wired into a 24v system,..??..??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts