DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when we get a heavy rain water comes thru the sandstone into my house. i have a two story house with two fireplaces, one above the other, the water will leak thru the stone upstairs and thru the stone down stairs. i put thompsons watersealer on the chimney about every 3 months and have put roofing tar around the base of the chimney along the shingles. i have been in the attic during a heavy rain and the concrete blocks are wet. its raining now and i have towels soaking up the water.any ideas. thanks, billy6161

·
Shut in w/o Home
697 Posts
when we get a heavy rain water comes thru the sandstone into my house. i have a two story house with two fireplaces, one above the other, the water will leak thru the stone upstairs and thru the stone down stairs. i put thompsons watersealer on the chimney about every 3 months and have put roofing tar around the base of the chimney along the shingles. i have been in the attic during a heavy rain and the concrete blocks are wet. its raining now and i have towels soaking up the water.any ideas. thanks, billy6161

Pictures would be worth a 100o words.

Smearing tar on flashing won't solve much, but it sure makes it hard for someone that knows what to look for to diagnose.

I'd suspect bad flashing, but it might also be the crown on top of the chimney.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts