DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I connect indoor unit AR series ( AR12JSFLBW ) to outdoor unit AJ036JCJ5CH.
if not please explain why ?
Or maybe I will loose only some options but system will still work.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Are you certain of that model number for the indoor unit? I get no response on the factory website for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AM012HNQDCH or AR12JSFLBWKN . i would like to know if any of this can be paired with AJ036 condenser .

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I don’t think so but I’m still reading. Give me a bit.
It’s not about certain features working or not. It’s about proprietary communication. Samsung’s nasa equipment uses an RS485 com bus. The none nasa equipment uses a DC pulse bus.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t think so but I’m still reading. Give me a bit.
It’s not about certain features working or not. It’s about proprietary communication. Samsung’s nasa equipment uses an RS485 com bus. The none nasa equipment uses a DC pulse bus.
I'm afraid it will be related to communication protocol, I cant find clear answer anywhere. Why they change it from model to model ?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Communication requirements vary a lot from a one on one mini split to a 60 head heat recovery VRF system. And Samsung has both, and everything in between.
I’m a Samsung commissioning tech. I’ll get you an answer. Just give me a bit.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Here’s the book on the AR

Says it’s used with the Whisper outdoor unit, otherwise known as a one on one minisplit.

Here’s the book on the AM

That’s a Nasa based unit for the DVM line of equipment.

I don’t think either will work for your case. These units are usually put together virtually with DVM-Pro design software. You can’t just put together whatever you have laying around.
I’ll email my buddy in tech service and see what he has to say.
The FJM is a different animal. Not one of Samsung’s best. Known to overshoot set points because it holds the EEV open a few steps to promote oil return to the compressor. I think that’s been resolved to some extent with new equipment.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
From Samsung this morning-

Neither of those will connect with that outdoor unit. Please see below for compatibility with that AJ036. This is found on the submittal

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you, I'm surprised that indoor units are not compatible w/n same family. So , If in the future my indoor unit will brake and replacement is not available I will have replace all system ?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Replacements would be available. You’d just have to source the correct unit.
Some older systems I have, units are no longer available. But I can put a new unit in and change the software. Basically dumbing down if you will. But you’ll need Samsung software to do so. And a maintenance tool. And knowledge on how to do it. Rewriting unit code can have severe issues if done wrong. It can even wipe a unit clean so it has no idea what it is or is supposed to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts