DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started out when I changed the water filter and water dispensed slowly then stopped altogether. so went on line seen how many people dealing with this same issue. so I decided to change to inline filter and not deal with built in one. my fridge has automatic bypass when filter not installed. so I did the inline filter but bypass started leaking. I wanted to fix myself because I didn't want to spend $150 on new filter housing and in a few years deal with same problem. So after trying a few fixes from internet which none worked for me an idea came to me. what I did was took the water filter head unit off which had the two 1/4 in. water tubes going to it and disconnected them and bought two 1/4 in. quick connect couplers and water tube used for ref water filters and looped the two tubes from head unit.. see photos... also a 5 year inline filter is $33 at Lowes compared to Samsung 6 month filter $45-$50. so after all fixed including inline filter and braided line hose for filter to fridge my cost was under $60.

Attachments

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,461 Posts
Good idea..... I'm sure I'll maybe likely run into the same problem.

(I'm getting pretty fed up wit Samsung. The dryer went out and i had to fix (little use..less than three years old.)

The french door refer lever just snapped off.... did not come as a replaceable part... so I had to buy a whole new handle. Matter of fact, I just installed it maybe 1/2 hour ago...so I felt like *****ing about Samsung.

Thanks Dr Phil.....

Best

And as an edit, Samsung parts are a biotch to find...I think they must use all propriatary related partners. Thank to the lord, we have Amazon 2 day mailing. But I still do not have a local parts supplier I can ask questions of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the feeling, things these days are not built to last (all made of plastic!) The way I see it if the item is out of warranty I'll try and fix it because its already broken I can't break it again and to get repairman to come just take a look at it is $75 plus. A couple of years ago my dryer was not heating up and repair company wanted $200 to fix, so I looked up piece I needed (valve Coil) it was on Amazon for $8 so that and 1/2 hour of my time it was fixed. older dryer so no digital stuff and there actually is not much to a dryer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts