DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling Bayou Runner and other fridge experts!

Have a Samsung French door fridge, RF26XAEWP, with icemaker and water dispenser. Icemaker has stopped making ice. It can still dispense ice if you put cubes in the bin (spiral drive still turns) and will still dispense water.

The arm in the icemaker stays up, if that makes a difference—see red circle in pic. (Not sure if the arm is supposed to be able to come down without the bin in place.)

Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Can't really help but mine looks pretty much the same with the bin removed. The arm is up. If that is the ice sensor maybe it springs down when the bin is inserted... unless yours is stuck.

Edit: But I am not sure how exactly Samsung senses ice. My Fridge also has a lower icemaker in the freezer and it doesn't have the typical swing down arm or wire sensor. I don't know how it works... some sort of electronic proximity sensor? The upper icemaker might be similar?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I can pull that plastic arm down (some), but it springs back up. If I was designing such a system, that's what would take the place of the wire arm on icemakers that spill the cubes over the side. Guess I gotta wait for Bayou Runner to see this. :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Agree it might and probably is that, but like I said there is no arm whatsoever in the lower one. No physical shutoff at all.

You might have a frozen water line. Maybe unplug or turn the fridge off for 10 or 15 minutes. But IIRC it can take a good while to start making ice after a shutoff.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
No more help but just for info: On closer look at the lower icemaker I did find a lever. It is a long curved plastic piece recessed into the top on the side that you can't really get to and has a very short throw. But I can definitely feel it switch on and off when I push it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts