DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drier isn’t drying clothes (model info in attached photo). It runs, but the clothes aren’t getting dry. I have called Samsung and cleaned the sensor which didn’t help. I have checked the vent hose connection on the back of the dryer and cleaned out lint/etc. There is likely a blockage somewhere, I am unable to access the space below the lint trap bc it is too tight. Thinking of removing the front panel of dryer to get to the space below lint trap. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you have air flow its likely not a blockage, but you will need to remove the front panel. If the exhaust is not warm:

Do a search on dv45h7000ew/a2 heating element replacement. There are a some good videos.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have air flow its likely not a blockage, but you will need to remove the front panel. If the exhaust is not warm:

Do a search on dv45h7000ew/a2 heating element replacement. There are a some good videos.

Ok thank you. Will take a look!

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Might want to check the ducting between the dryer and the outside. They can become clogged with lint and in turn will cause the dryer to overheat and the limit will kick out.

·
Contractor/Engineer
1,226 Posts
I'd guess you already pulled the exhaust off the back and tried running it with no connection to the outside venting to verify that it is the dryer, or its the venting?

If it doesn't make heat when entirely disconnected to the ducting and if you can use a meter you should unplug the unit and measure continuity of the element. If that is good (low resistance) then one of the thermistors in the ducting is likely bad - you can check them with your meter when they are cool as they should be zero ohms. Location is available on SearsParts.com https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mo.../samsung-dv45h7000ew-a2-00-dryer-parts?page=2

And, of course, if it DOES make heat disconnected entirely from all ducting you have a blockage in the duct... snake it out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd guess you already pulled the exhaust off the back and tried running it with no connection to the outside venting to verify that it is the dryer, or its the venting?

If it doesn't make heat when entirely disconnected to the ducting and if you can use a meter you should unplug the unit and measure continuity of the element. If that is good (low resistance) then one of the thermistors in the ducting is likely bad - you can check them with your meter when they are cool as they should be zero ohms. Location is available on SearsParts.com https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mo.../samsung-dv45h7000ew-a2-00-dryer-parts?page=2

And, of course, if it DOES make heat disconnected entirely from all ducting you have a blockage in the duct... snake it out.
Thanks! No heat when disconnected from the duct so will need to look at the heating element.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks! No heat when disconnected from the duct so will need to look at the heating element.
It's tempting to buy all 3 parts.. Thermo fuse, Sensor and element - but I think the element itself is the weak link. Just based on experience with a relative.... twice in 6 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I replaced the heating element on my Samsung about 2 months ago. Once you get it out, you can see the cracked coil.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but mine stopped heating again. Got the element out and I have melted terminals....see pic. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Have you confirmed it's the element? A check for continuity with a meter should rule it in/out if you can't see an obvious break.

I only ask because my dryer (different brand) had similar problems. I found a set of all the sensors (there were four or so) on Amazon for the same price other places were selling them each, plus shipping. It was an easy fix to go through and replace them all. I was surprised how easily they popped out and back in again.

Next repair was the timer. I was still getting intermittent heat, and tried taking the timer apart but it's full of plastic gears and cams so I ordered the new one (again, about half the price on Amazon, no shipping.) Again, easy in and out. Everything works like new now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts