DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Has this post helped with your questions?

• All

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some

• None

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Old Bryant 80Plus and RUUD Achiever 10 (UAKA036JAS). AC outdoor unit the compressor CR35K6 PFV230 Phase 1 RLA 17.3) broke down because I have a leak in the air handling coils that have require approx. 2.5lbs of freon every season.
I know I need a new unit, but I can't afford one right now. I need at least 2-3 months to come up with money for a new unit. Techs that diagnosed the problems said it would cost $4500 for a new unit and install (SA. TX).
He would install a used 3 compressor for $500?
1. Can I get a used or refurbished replacement compressor? Where?
2. What would be the matching air handler w/new coils part numbers and how much would that cost? My utility closet size requires 17"-17.5" coils close to it.
I feel capable of doing this repair work myself as a temporary solution. Help its 100+ here in San Antonio Tx :eek:

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
5,884 Posts
Just last week I installed a used 3 ton complete Trane condenser, made in 2004, for $1200 with a 30 day warranty.

$500 is pretty good for a compressor but you are already spending money on what should be going towards a brand new unit but I'd get some kind of warranty and no, you can't do it yourself.

Buy a NEW $50 window unit or two until you can get the money for a new condenser, IMO. That you can do yourself, the install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts