DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two RUUD furnaces in the house. About three months ago both stopped working so I called the company that installed them and the guy talked me through some trouble shooting. Turns out the filters were hard to identify so they got a bit dirty. I cleaned them and had to remove a little tube that is in the upper left hand corner behind the top door, puff a little air and the things kicked on.

After that all was well for a while, but now I find myself having to remove or jiggle this tube on a regular basis to get the furnace to kick on. I know that if I call the company again they are going to want to come make a service call and I am trying to save a couple of bucks as money is tight right now.

Basically, I know the problem area and am looking for some input as to what I need to do to get the furnaces running reliably again. I am pretty handy and think that with the right input I could figure this out.

Thanks for the help.

PS: Filters are clean.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
To truely fix this issue, you really need to know what this ,"little tube" is and what it does.
Did you also post this in the HVAC forum?
Ron

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well, you may be handy but I guess I'm surprising you by echoing what Ron said above: there is an HVAC forum...go there.

But it sounds - because we don't know - that (a) you have gas furnace and that (b) you have condensation in that little tube you mentioned and that (c) you cleaned it out.

Now I suggest you read that forum, search for these keywords and find out more about your particular situation - and help us to help you.
:wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.