DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see in the pictures, my front porch has a crack surrounded by rust running across it. I'm thinking the concrete cracked open and allowed moisture inside which caused the rebar to rust. Someone else had a problem similar to this on another thread.
I have two questions:
1. Is there a really thin epoxy that I can insert into the crack with a syringe?
2. Is there a way to remove any of the rust without damaging the concrete?

Other suggestions are welcome.

We moved here three years ago and it looks the same as it did then. Not ready to tear it out yet.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
retired framer
59,696 Posts
After a car leaked rusty water on driveway, I was told about the neutralizer. It worked so well it took the stain that was put on the concrete when they stamped it. Who knew the stains for coloured concrete are made from iron.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is an idea on how to remove the rust without damaging the concrete. First, spray white vinegar on the rusted surface. Let it sit for several minutes and then start scrubbing with some wire brush. You can rinse away the rust with cold water after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.