DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, First post....

I rewired most of my main floor (20 or so circuits) and I'm working on getting them all into the main panel (Bryant with 200 Amp Service)

All the new ones will be Arc fault, but I've only got a neutral bus bar on the right side of the panel. Is it allowed to run the short neutral wires from the circuit breakers across a couple of blank spaces? I read about it somewhere but the source wasn't super reliable.

It's the only way I'll be able to reach with the wires provided. Alternative option of course is to wire nut on some extensions and run them down around the bottom but that will get crowded fast with all of the ground and neutrals running through there.

I've run a couple to see how it would work, see image below.

Open to any other options you pros can think of! Thanks.
-Micah

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would pickup some #12 thhn white and some wire nuts. You can extend those AFCI pigtails and route them around the breakers/bus bars to the neutral bar.
I will do that. Hope I can find the space up the right side there...

Thanks you guys! Looks like it might be worth replacing the whole panel and getting a big one when I eventually finish off my basement. This will do for now, as the cost of replacing the rest of the old breakers as AFCI is kinda overwhelming right now...:surprise:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Clean and that panel have nothing in common.

We do IR and our IR Tech take 1000's of pictures a year, I have seen lots of HACK work but this one is surely different. If this photo crossed my desk I'd have to pull in other employee's to have a good WTF LAUGH.
Ha! Thanks for being honest... I do appreciate a pro's opinion. I definitely will be redoing it.

Thanks all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.