DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15,465 Posts
The diagram shows 3 manual high limit switches. One only seen 2 in your pictures. Look by the blower section.

When you checked the limit circuit did you remove the plug from the board and check with the multimeter on the pins of the plug?

Also, since it's been converted to propane, you need to check the low pressure switch that it is supposed to have.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
12 yrs old...heat only...powered off in April till now...worked fine all last winter
But it worked when you turned it off last spring?
No power surges, lightning strikes etc?
Once you have tested all the switches and wiring, including t-stat wiring it may be time to start pricing control boards.
I guess the positive side is that it's probably cheaper for you to replace it yourself even if it isn't the problem than to call a tech for a service call.

Anyway here's a link that may be helpful....

·
Registered
16,562 Posts
uh - we're poking fun at you in case you haven't noticed. If you want to avoid it, stop giving incorrect advice.

·
Registered
16,562 Posts
I still have gas heater that has a pilot light, so it is not uncommon and nothing to lough about, but then there are always nasty people and bullies.
90% furnaces do not have standing pilots, end of story. (ruud achiever 90 is op's unit)
Standing pilots have not been used in forced air furnaces since the early 1990s - even then, the ones that had them mostly were low efficiency, sub 70% afue models.

The OP also said the board is reporting limit circuit open - nothing to do with ignition system at all.

Mistakes are okay, we all make them - but you on the other hand repeatedly give advice on things you're obviously so clueless about and then debate when told you're wrong.

The best I can do is inject some humor in, until and unless the administrator bans you or you get bored.

·
Registered
15,465 Posts
I still have gas heater that has a pilot light, so it is not uncommon and nothing to lough about, but then there are always nasty people and bullies.
We haven't even started being bullies yet. Would you like us to start? At far we've only corrected your abhorrent errors, and ignored most of the minor ones. If you want to learn, so be it, but we're not interested in intentionally misleading others.

·
Registered
16,562 Posts
We haven't even started being bullies yet. Would you like us to start? At far we've only corrected your abhorrent errors, and ignored most of the minor ones. If you want to learn, so be it, but we're not interested in intentionally misleading others.
Hmmm, think I'm going to go onto a diesel mechanic advice forum and start telling people to check the spark plugs when their compression ignition diesel engines don't start.

Reactions: supers05
21 - 40 of 43 Posts