DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

I am getting ready to renovate my kitchen.
I would like to use RTA Cabinets.
A cherry, or something of a darker appearance.

There are so many companies ordering cabinets...
What is the best, most trusted, reliable company in which to order from?

If anyone has had experiences with them I would like to hear about the quality of them.

thanks!

·
Remodeling Contractor
3,590 Posts
Many companies are good ones. What you need to determine first is what style and quality level you are looking for. Will you be installing these yourself? Do you have the kitchen layout designed? do you want to put boxes together (build it) to save money? Looking for finished or unfinished?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bob,

For quality:
I want something in quality above home depot and below high end cabinets.
I will be living here for the short term (1-2yrs) so don't want anything too low quality, nor do I want high end as will be moving shortly.

For style:
I want a dark cabinet, open to different doors/appearances, but I need a dark wood to compliment a black countertop.

Layout is done, floor, counter, ceiling, lighting all planned. Just trying to find a moderately priced cabinet that looks decent.

I will be installing them myself.
Am willing to assemble them myself to keep costs down.
Would like them to be finished on the otherhand...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I do not believe you are going to find a quality cabinet that you have to assemble. Certainly not from Ikea. Most cabinet sides and backs and some fronts are made from particle board. The big box stores offer a plywood upgrade for all of thier cabinets, except some off the shelf. Wood face frames, drawers and doors are more the standard when ordering pre assembled cabinets from just about anywhere. Shuler makes a great cabinet (available at Lowes). Diamond also for the price is not a bad cabinet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts