DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys-

May be moving into a new house and would look to remove popcorn ceiling from two ceilings (one is a tray ceiling) roughly 18x18. Also, remove wallpaper from 2 walls (12 wide by 8 high) and wallpaper from underneath a chair rail around a dining room. This and paint 3 rooms, each roughly 15x15. I know this is vague, but any rough estimates for having it professionally done?

·
registered
1,354 Posts
Guys don't like to throw out numbers here. I don't have a clue. This is labor intensive. Popcorn ceilings are a mess to take down. The wallpaper will either go smooth or not. Then its special primer(something like Zinsser GARDZ) and a good quality paint.

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
You will ,very likely, be getting time and materials prices on those jobs----I'm on a wall paper stripping job and the paper was installed over unpainted drywall---total skim coat is needed---$$$$---We would already be done painting if the paper came off without the wall damage----

·
paper hanger and painter
8,301 Posts
You will ,very likely, be getting time and materials prices on those jobs----I'm on a wall paper stripping job and the paper was installed over unpainted drywall---total skim coat is needed---$$$$---We would already be done painting if the paper came off without the wall damage----

freeking "paper hanger" should be hung by his or her thumbs till he or she repents :whistling2:

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
Work is work----a paycheck is a paycheck---

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
I'm putting you in charge of billing and collections----and offering you 50%==sound good?

Reactions: Gymschu
1 - 10 of 10 Posts