DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to fix up this old house that's 80+ years older than I am. I'm getting pretty far with it but I have these old wood windows that in most of the house are in good shape. In one room in the front though they all look awful. Included are some pics of a couple of the windows. These two windows are actually attached and they are from opposite sides of the Jamb. I need to know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Man of many hats
611 Posts
A little confused on your post. The pics you posted appear to be of a wood window jamb with a storm window attached to the outside? Not sure what you meant about the windows being 'attached to the opposite sides of the jamb' unless you are referring to the storms?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Also not quite sure what we are looking at. I understand this is two windows, mulled together, but is that a sah of the window or a storm?? What I see is not easily fixed, and from an energy standpoint, I would not recommend it. Replace the complete window with and energy efficient window. There is a tax credit for doing that. 30% of the window cost, not including labor, up to $1500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts