DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are building a barndominium and trying to find out if I need to vent the roof. The metal building will have a layer of solar guard sandwiched between the perlins and the sheetmetal. With 9' ceilings planned the crawl space will be about 3' - 4' . Not a whole lot of room. I am being told that it's not necessary with that amount of space. Is it necessary to vent?

·
Registered
22,731 Posts
I guess I should have stated that I live in the Corpus Christi area. So, high winds have to always be considered. Would that create something for lift? That being said would then it be better without venting?
whoo hoo yeah, you get high winds, sometimes.

Good question, but you'll need venting too. Here in California we certainly do.

·
retired framer
63,205 Posts
I guess I should have stated that I live in the Corpus Christi area. So, high winds have to always be considered. Would that create something for lift? That being said would then it be better without venting?
That question is best asked of an engineer. The answer should be type of venting. Usually we want more lower vents, maybe you would need more high vents to create low pressure in the attic in a wind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.