DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I’m scheduled to have my roof replaced next week, and i’m tempted to ask the roofers to wait until spring.
Forecast is highs in the upper 30s/lower 40s all week.
The replacement is not extremely urgent, but it would be nice to get this out of the way as there is a small leak in the garage roof i’ll need to patch it i don’t have replaced this year.
i’m getting conflicting information about roof replacement in cold weather, and it would be helpful if somebody could chime in with their opinion before i ask the roofers to reschedule in the spring.
Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I would do if the contractor wants to do it now is get in writing that he will come back and fix up lifted shingles that don't seal down. Much wind in your area? That is the biggest thing with cold weather.
Thanks Randy. they do offer a 10 year warranty to fix any issues with the roof including lifted shingles. is it possible that the seals will bond over the summer when the tempature gets warmer?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The only way they don't seal normally is in new build area and dirt or dust gets under them. Then is very hard to get them to seal down. Here guys will roof even around zero.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts