DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I thought I would post my floor. This was the first time Ive done pretty much any sort of tiling. Ive searched this forum many times and have read many threads along the way. I probably will not be doing a river rock floor again anytime soon. Simply because trying to lay them down on the mesh they come glued to pretty much is useless. Once you lay them down on the quickset, you can forget about adjusting them. Because they're not rigid so picture it in your head. I found myself laying them in one by one. Grouting - used sanded grout. Rubber gloves and did it by hand. Takes a while. The clean up takes a while too. I used Dupont stone enhancer before I set them in too. After your done with clean up (of the grout) you will be needing to apply your stone enhancer/ sealer again. Because it will have all but been stripped off from the grouting job. Ive read where you dont want to apply stone enhancer to the grout. I just did it any and it looks pretty good. Over all I am extremely pleased with the result and look. But like I said, it takes a while and if you're anal at all (like I am) you will be laying them down one by one like I did. Its the only way I see to hide the lines, per se.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can imagine that being a royal pain in the...

But, I think you did an awesome job, I really like it.

Mind you, I won't be doing one, but I do love it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

They oddly enough feel good to walk on. Not sure why. But its not uncomfortable even bare foot.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I know the pain of laying those and the problems with the mesh sheets they are attached to.
I like that color but have never used it, and same time I have never tiled a whole bathroom with it.
I have done just shower floors with conventional tile elsewhere, I once did a modern claw foot tub in a Master bedroom and the floor was hardwood and I cut around where the tub sit off to the side of the bed and installed stone floor.
One bathroom I did, was a walk in shower we built, and from the shower, under the curb and meandering down the bathroom to a exterior wall, was what looked like a dry creek bed in the middle of the bathroom floor.
Lots of cool things to do with stone, just never did a whole bathroom before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts