DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be rigid fiberglass panels for insulation, but I haven't found them anywhere. Do they still exist. What sort of shop might have them?

There are various foam panels available; which kind is most heat resistant?

·
Registered
37,139 Posts
What is it your really trying to insulate?
Foam off gases toxic fumes when heated or burned.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There used to be rigid fiberglass panels for insulation, but I haven't found them anywhere. Do they still exist. What sort of shop might have them?

There are various foam panels available; which kind is most heat resistant?
I remember dealing with those, they were typically used on commercial roofs. I don't think that that type of insulation board is available anymore. I can tell you it is the nastiest stuff one can work with, especially if it's hot out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can find them an insulation houses, they sometimes use them for boiler rooms. Another use is acoustic panels but they're expensive when sold for that purpose. Very hard to come by, but we used to line a home theater with them and then cover them with cloth; but rockwool insulation has some of the same capabilities acoustically but isn't itchy etc... Of course it's not typically compressed like compressed fiberglass board.

Look for Owens Corning 703 fiberglass boards. you can find them online but shipping is expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Owens-Corning-703-Fiberglass-Boards/dp/B005V3L834

1 - 7 of 7 Posts