DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Adding roof vents to existing roof

I have to say I am a big fan of quality ridge vent, the solid plastic kind with an external baffle. If the ridge vent you have isn't enough than you can't add pot vents or turbines or any other vent without removing it first.

I would recommend the solar powered vent as mentioned earlier in the thread

·
Registered
21 Posts
Recommend not mixing exhaust venting

I've seen the videos and heard the reasoning but, I don't think the cardboard mock up shows anything but air will come out of holes in the roof. I agree it will but it would be more telling if you could see where the air was coming from rather than going.

if you have a vent that "pulls air", next to a vent that does not, it is obvious what is going to happen. The site makes an argument that that ridgevents have filters and are shingled over, but they also have "net free area" ratings, same as soffits. Now in my mind NFA is NFA, and if the filters and shingles reduce NFA than the NFA would be reduced for that product. So really we have to products with NFA one is 1-2ft away ther other is atleast 15 ft away.

Thermal dynamics helps on days where the weather is really hot but on days where the outside temperature is close to the attic temperature, air will be pulled from the easiest/closest spot.

Now everyone is entitled to their opinon. and as long as there are no callbacks we have satisfied our customers needs.

Radiant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.