DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a hanging heater and am trying to figure out the best way to vent. Can this be vented through the gable wall and then through a chimney pipe up over the roof? The heater is in the front corner of my garage and I don't want a chimney going out the front of the roof if I can avoid it. It has an oval vent, 4" x 5.5". Do I need an adapter or can I squeeze a round pipe over the oval? I have looked for a manual for this unit but have been unsuccessful. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
you need the manual..... and yes you can vent it through the roof.... follow instructions in manual for venting......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
837 Posts
hold on.....just re read your post...what do you mean through a gable wall then up over the roof..... sounds not right .......:eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried their website and could not find the manual. I emailed them today for a copy- hopefully they will send me one. I want to exit the vent horizontally through the side wall then connect to a chimney pipe outside the garage. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the manual, I am going to vent it horizontally through the wall then up over the roof on the outside of the building. It has a 5" oval, do you think it would hurt to downsize the vent to a 4 inch chimney?

·
Administrator
41,388 Posts
If the furnace breech is 5 inch, then code prohibits reducing the size of the chimney to 4".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts