DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the recent format change, editing a post removed any “likes” done by other people. That’s the way it should be, since those people “liking” a post were agreeing with it the way it was written at the time. That is not what happens now, when someone can change their post to have a completely different meaning, but people will still appear to agree with it.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
12,323 Posts
The old format didn't remove likes after editing a post. Well it did sort of, after the edit was posted the likes were not visible but as soon as you refreshed the page the likes were there again.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm…unfortunately I can’t test that, now. That’s not my recollection of the way it worked, so I’ll have to take your word for it.

In that case, the new format should be changed so that editing posts removes “likes”. It just doesn’t make sense to assume that people who agree with a post (“like” it) should continue to do so after the poster edits it.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
12,323 Posts
In that case, the new format should be changed so that editing posts removes “likes”. It just doesn’t make sense to assume that people who agree with a post (“like” it) should continue to do so after the poster edits it.

Chris
I can't say that I do not disagree with that especially since with the old format you only had a couple of minutes to edit and now you can come back several days later and edit a post (which shouldn't be the case imo).

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't say that I do not disagree with that especially since with the old format you only had a couple of minutes to edit and now you can come back several days later and edit a post (which shouldn't be the case imo).
Did you mean to write “I can’t say that I disagree with that..”?

I was about to create another new thread about the "open edit" time for posts.

Chris

·
Administrator
Community Manager
3,040 Posts
We are not going to change the edit time limits. The rules are already much more relaxed than they have ever been.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Cricket. On the subject of this thread, do you think it reasonable that “likes” persist after someone changes their post?

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts