DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm finishing my basement and I just got installing 4 heat runs along the upper perimeter of my basement above the windows.

I'm now installing two return air runs. The easiest way to do the first one is to tap into the main return trunk right by the furnace. Is it ok to tap into the return air trunk close to the furnace like that? Is there a certain distance I need to be away from the furnace? Below is a picture for reference. I would be tapping into the trunk before it starts going down vertically.

One more question: Is it ok to tap into the bottom of the return trunk, or should I do it on the side or top?

Any help is appreciated!

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Hi All,

I'm finishing my basement and I just got installing 4 heat runs along the upper perimeter of my basement above the windows.

I'm now installing two return air runs. The easiest way to do the first one is to tap into the main return trunk right by the furnace. Is it ok to tap into the return air trunk close to the furnace like that? Is there a certain distance I need to be away from the furnace? Below is a picture for reference. I would be tapping into the trunk before it starts going down vertically.

One more question: Is it ok to tap into the bottom of the return trunk, or should I do it on the side or top?

Any help is appreciated!

Jeff
should not matter where you tie in at ....most important point is to have return air ....ben sr

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should not matter where you tie in at ....most important point is to have return air ....ben sr
Thanks. I know they say heat runs should only be done on the top or side of the main trunk so I didn't know if it was the same with return air...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts