DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 sliding doors in my house that all could use replacement....some more than others. From the little research I've done it seems like something I can handle myself to save a few thousand in the long run.

I'm in the process of installing laminate flooring now but worry that next spring when I'm ready to do the sliders i'll have to damage or modify the laminate to replace the sliders?

A valid concern or will the old slider go straight out from where it is now and the new one take it's place without an issue you think? Any way i can tell now before I get too far into flooring?

· Registered
262 Posts
In general, I would say no it shouldn't be too difficult. But, it all depends on what's there now and what you replace them with. Manufacturers are all over the place with how they design their sills. It might be as simple as needing a piece of shoe mold, or it could get a lot more complicated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.