DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think it is more electrically sound to connect the incoming/outgoing Romex directly to the outlet/switch, but I don't know what "The Code(tm)" has to say about this.
Actually, when you think about it, a pigtail is more electrically sound (for receptacle circuits) in that it doesn't depend on the connections to the outlet for a continuous circuit run. It is like a T connection off of a straight line. Both are entirely acceptable, often chosen by preference. I too rather pigtail as I can better manipulate a receptacle with 3 wires connected than 5 and I also choose to plant the pigtail deep in the box before putting the outlet back in place.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My vote is pigtail.
I always avoid using "quick-connect back-stab" terminals. Has anyone ever seen a good quick-connect back-stab connection?

FW
No but I have seen very good "backfed" connections and prefer to use them- These are tightened by the screw on the side of the receptacle- no twisting wire around a screw necessary.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can't speak of Leviton's GFCI's but I like the Cooper product line- in my area Lowes carries that brand, HD carries Leviton.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.