DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a house and it has cast iron sewer pipes. I want to replace it with pvc. All the pipes i want to replace are accessible and easy to get to from the basement. Do i just put pvc pipes where the cast iron is? Do i cut the cast iron near the start and end of pipe and attach pvc? If so, how do i connect the pvc to the cast iron? Should i use the same size pvc as the cast iron?
The pipes are in a relatively small space so i could put pictures up, but im not quite sure how to. If someone would be kind enough to respond to this and be able to help me, and explain how to add a picture it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Try this link for photo "how to" http://www.diychatroom.com/f98/
Once you get a couple shots up, we'll get you all the info you need.:thumbsup:
There are transition couplings for every situation so no worries there and your project sounds pretty straight forward

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
i occasionally still use cast iron so i agree with tarhill

·
registered
1,354 Posts
PVC some fern co correct size boots and some breeze clamps. You need something to cut cast iron with. I also say if its not broke don't fix it. You still see cast iron used today. Especially in second floor to basement drain pipe application for quietness

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.