DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Recently, I have been renovating my bathroom mostly on my own. However, I asked for help to install the tub surround along with the new faucet and spout. Needless to say that was a bit of a mess. My question is this - when they installed the tub surround, they did not cut out the holes prior to gluing it on the wall. Therefore, when they went to cut the holes for the spout, they cut it slightly too big and the tub spout doesn't completely cover the hole in the tub surround. How do I fix this? The hole is on the side towards the bottom and is about the size of a regular screw head. Do I just caulk the hole? I have a four year old son that is rather boisterous in the bathtub and am concerned that water will get behind the hole and into the wall. Any suggestions??:(

·
Remodeler
215 Posts
Who is the "they" that helped you install the surround? If it is a paid professional, they should take off the surround, buy a new one and put it on properly, at their expense. But if it was just a friend or something, then you're on your own. You can try to caulk the hole. Be sure to use a silicone caulk though, not latex.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: silicon caulking it is then

They are my ex-partner and my son's father:mad: So I am stuck with the tub surround that is in now:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts