Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm replacing an old mercury thermostat from 1959 that has three wires:

Red - 4
White - 5
Green - 6 / Y

Only the green wire was connected to a letter/number, the rest were just attached to numbers. This thermostat is connected to a boiler only that heats the house using baseboard heater.

Honeywell Home/Bldg Center RTH2300B1012 5/2-Day Programmable Thermostat.

I've connected the red to the R that is joined with RC. The White to W. Green to Y.

The problem I'm having now is that the heater will not turn off - I've tried to set the heater to 70, but it is at 77 and climbing...

I went down to the boiler room and noticed that the zone control valve is open when it should be shut....

Anyone have experience with these old thermostats and what my wiring should be?

Thank you,

Banzzy

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
* Couldn't find way to edit my original message *

Update - After a lot more googling, I found that the thermostat may not be compatible with the type of zone control valve I have. I have the White Rodgers 1311-102 box.

Does anyone know what type of cheap programmable thermostat I could buy that is compatible?

** Edit ** Would this work:
http://www.pexsupply.com/White-Rodg...olt-or-Millivolt-system-3-wire-zone-5274000-p

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Came up this post searching the net. I have what looks like a similar thermostat but my wires are Red,Black, White.
Would anybody be able to identify this thermostat using pictures. I have search ,and cant find anything like this.
It is White-Rodgers thermostat hooked up to White-Rodgers zone valve 1311-102
This is how it is wired.

Thermostat-----------------------------Zone valve
Black = 4-----------------------------------#4
Red = Y,6 ---------------------------------#6
White = 5 ----------------------------------#5,2

I would like to go to a digital thermostat that is tamper proof

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.