DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a soaking tub with an adjoining shower stall with aluminum frame and a "glass" (but I guess some kind of plastic?) surround. It was originally clear, when built in 2008, but now it's all hazy and we have tried everything we saw on line to clean, I believe the finish has been eaten away by:surprise: our well water. Can we unscrew the frame and just get new panels and put them in? We want to sell the house but the shower looks terrible.

· retired framer
72,447 Posts
We have a soaking tub with an adjoining shower stall with aluminum frame and a "glass" (but I guess some kind of plastic?) surround. It was originally clear, when built in 2008, but now it's all hazy and we have tried everything we saw on line to clean, I believe the finish has been eaten away by:surprise: our well water. Can we unscrew the frame and just get new panels and put them in? We want to sell the house but the shower looks terrible.
A glass shop, window repair company could order you tempered glass for it. Or just replace the acrylic. I have removed one and replaced the tile and the same one fit back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.